Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mama went shopping! (4 E!D)




As I spent this Eid all by my lonesome in the Kingdom as everyone around me celebrated happily with friends and family. I reckoned all bets were off, and I would celebrate it by myself rather than sitting around eating peanut butter straight from the jar and sulking (which I was doing for the first two hours on the morning of Eid), instead I would do some grocery shopping, (all other stores were closed in the morning/afternoon...good thing too or else my credit cards would have felt the wrath of my loneliness) And seeing as all bets were off, I figured why not splurge on junk food and comforting deliciousness-es, and so I did just that! After returning from my trip to the grocers, I got to baking cookies and apple cinnamon slices, and made a pot of coffee, I got fancy with a caramel cappuccino and even made a green tea soy latte! I  played wild and interesting beats and danced around while the kitchen swarmed the house with scents of warm biscuits, cinnamon, caramel, Belgian chocolate and popcorn. I phoned a few friends and wished them a happy day, then I moved on to making a play list of movies that I would watch in the darkness of my bedroom. I played them so loud it drowned out the sound of my air conditioner and the joyous squeals from neighbors and other children playing on the street. I crashed halfway through my movie list, and went to bed with a smile on my face (or was that just chocolate smeared in the shape of a smile?) 










 I hope you can always find a way to be happy. 
 XOXO






H.M

No comments:

Post a Comment